Apparently, the world doesn't just grind to a halt when we want to have a long holiday weekend! Who knew? And now there are all sorts of important goings-on that we feel obligated to acknowlege and then promptly forget. Let's get up to speed, shall we?
1) Sarah Palin quit. Everyone seems to be trying to discover the secret hidden reason that she isn't telling us, but isn't that kind of like...jinxing it? Can't we just leave good enough alone?
2) This happened. Obama and Russian President Medvedev reached an agreement to make an agreement about some kind of cut they haven't agreed on in the number of nuclear weapons each country has. Yay!
3) Al Franken was sworn in as senator, proving once and for all that being on SNL not ONLY can get you into movies, but into the senate as well.
4) China is trying to cover up the latest problem over there: huge, deadly riots. http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5j794twyjYyjeOIdsKWwzCUhsgvUAD999PFJG3
5) Michael Jackson's public memorial was held today at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, and Mariah Carey sang "I'll Be There."
That should pretty much keep you up-to-date with any conversations about the news you might have, but let's be real, the real elephant in the room that we are all DYING to discuss...the reason you even came to this blog *just in case* we would talk about this very subject, the reason the curiosity has been KILLING you: Just how good was Johnny Depp in "Public Enemy"???!!!!???!!!!
But we want to know what YOU thought. Was he inspiringly sexy as a gangster, or were you disappointed after all the hype?