When walking down the street, entering a house, picking up a book or even just surfing through the web, there are so many things we do without even thinking about them. This article points out 20 odd things to think about that we do or don't usually ever question:
1) Why does the glue in a tube not stick to the tube itself?
2) Academic research has detailed reports stating that from a group of four men or women one will most certainly have a mental ailment of some kind or the other. Think about this calculation: if you have three normal friends, then you unfortunately are the fourth one out. In other words, the fourth person with a mental illness is none other than you.
3) Why do we press down hard on the remote control even though we know that the batteries are weak?
4) Watched old (and even newer descriptions in film) about Tarzan. If he is supposed to be living in the wild, what happened to his beard?
5) Switched those bulbs that are enclosed in tight plastic shutters? Have you noticed that whenever you go to do that there are always dead bugs inside? How did they manage to get there?
6) Why can't we ever manage to open a plastic bag on the first attempt?
7) Why do they use sterilized needles when injecting a convict on death role?
8) Why does a bank take interest on money when your account is overdrawn? From where do they think you are going to pay them? If you had the cash you would have used it, wouldn't you?
9) Why don't we ever hear jokes about father-in-laws?
10) When statistics claim that the sum of all the stars in the sky is about four billion, people believe it. But, when someone sees a sign on a park bench or board stating "wet paint", they must verify this?
11) How many times will be keep coming back and opening the door to the fridge when we are hungry? Do we really think that food will appear there miraculously?
12) Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest but ducks if after the bullets, the gun is thrown at him?
13) I'm sure you've heard of the evolutionary claim that mankind has evolved from monkeys. So why are monkeys still roaming earth?
14) If you are sitting by a table and something is accidentally falling off, don't try and prevent its fall. Why? Every time you try, you will accidentally hit and break something else.
15) Why did the Japanese pilots who were planning to crash into American ships wear helmets?
16) Why do people move a vacuum cleaner over a small piece of thread again and again? Why do we pick it up, examine it and then place it back down and move the vacuum cleaner over it to give it a second chance?
17) How come soap bubbles are always white no matter what the colour of the soap?
18) Is it winter or summer wherever you are right now? Have you noticed that if it is summer we try and make the house as cold as it would be during winter, and if it is winter, we try and make the house as hot as it would during summer?
19) Why is it that whenever you walk past a mattress dealership, they have large signs advertising a big price reduction?
20) Isn't it silly that when if wandering through one of the large shopping malls someone doesn't pay attention and the cart they are pushing smacks into your toes, and then they say sorry, all we can think of saying is that no harm was done while your toe is aching.
Before I End:
Above you have run into about twenty or so intriguing incidents in life that we often come across. Most will be familiar to you. Some might not. But, I hope that each one of them will if not make you at least laugh, bring a smile to your face and to your heart.
Author: Actively seeking out the humour out of every situation, Rammy Johnson.
Article Directory: http://www.articlecube.com