Thursday, January 14, 2010

Musings on Love...from a teenage guy

From Wikipedia: "Love is any of a number of emotions related to a sense of strong affection[1] and attachment. The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure ("I loved that meal") to intense interpersonal attraction ("I love my husband"). This diversity of uses and meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states."

One of the most beautiful and frustrating things that a teenager encounters is love - the passion, the amazement, the pure warmth you feel when you're around the object of your affection. You smile wide at the memories and good times that seem to never leave your thoughts and at the same time, it can make you cry from all the exhausting emotional work you put into it.

Well, I want you to know, I'm not writing this to give hints or to criticize - I'm writing this to endorse love.

But, when love goes wrong, hearts break. I know it hurts. I know mere words can't describe how it feels and if you tried to explain it, it would just come out in some form of confusing mumbled jumble. If you're dealing with a heartbreak right now, take a moment to reminisce about people you have had crushes on, things that make you feel really warm inside - the kinds of things that keep your heart beating fast.

Now if you don't have "that" person in your life and you think it's because of your appearance, I would just like to say that as a guy, I don't want a magazine model.

Love is about the beauty they can see not the beauty you make them see. I have had the experience to speak the truth to this matter... I was once like that but I've matured and my view has changed. And now, I want to say, to all who read this blog post: you are beautiful, you are amazing, you are phenomenal. You're a great person no matter how you feel about yourself. So be true to what you have...to what you want in a relationship and a partner.

I'll end with these words: love is strong, brave, and one of my favorite emotions. It's also one of my favorite words. It makes me smile when I see couples together.

When I see a girl that I like, it reminds me that love is one of life's best things. Adults will tell you you're too young to know what love is, but I say believe your heart. What does it tell you?? What does it say everyday??

I hope it tells you that that there is at least one person that uses that four letter word to describe you...because it's true.

1 comment:

  1. This is really beautiful and inspiring, thanks for such an honest, uplifting post!

    ReplyDelete